Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- 10/15: 11th World Congress of the European Society of Gynecology (ESG) in Prague. Two of our papers have been accepted for oral presentation: "Infertility and creating donor-conceived children: Pregnancy is just the beginning, not the end of the journey." and "Connecting with offspring: sperm donor attitudes."
- 10/15: Two abstracts accepted for presentation at the ASRM Meeting in Baltimore. "Adolescents conceived through Donor insemination: An In-Depth Qualitative Study of the Experiences of Contacting and Meeting Donor Siblings" and "Integrating Donor Conception into Identity: Parent-Child Relationships and Identity Development in Donor Conceived Adolescents". Jenna Slutsky, MA Center for Attachment Research, The New School for Social Research, Dr. Vasanti Jadva Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge, Dr. Tabitha Freeman, Sherina Persaud, MA, Wendy Kramer The Donor Sibling Registry, Dr. Miriam Steele, Dr. Howard Steele, and Professor Susan Golombok.
- 11/15: REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS, NEW REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND THE EUROPEAN FERTILITY MARKET. 19-20 November 2015, Santander, SPAIN. The DSR will present two talks.
- 3/16: 37th Annual American Adoption Congress International Conference in Denver, CO, Trailblazing Change: Moving Mountains Together in Adoption. March 29 – April 2, 2016.
- 5/16: BIT’s 4th International Congress of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (ICGO-2016) in Barcelona: Oral presentation: "The Donor Sibling Registry (DSR)- A Global Registry for Donor Families".
Prior Speaking Engagements
- 9/15: Skype interview with master's students in Bioethics and Science Policy at Duke University.
- 9/15: 22nd World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility (COGI), in Budapest : Oral presentation "Infertility and Donor Conception: Pregnancy is just the beginning!"
4/15: Stanford University Law School, talk sponsored by Law Students for Reproductive Justice
3/15: We presented two papers at the 16th World Congress on Human Reproduction in Berlin, Germany: "Sperm donors who are open to contact with their offspring" (poster) and "The Donor Sibling Registry - a global registry for donor families" (oral presentation).
11/14: Merck's conference: The 2nd Red TRAscender Congress,with the Latin American Parents Infertility Organization. Mexico City, Mexico.
10/14: The First European Workshop of the Italian Association of Gynecological Endocrinology and the 7th Albert Netter Days of the European Society of Gynecology, Capri, Italy. Our abstract was titled: "After Pregnancy: What are the needs, rights, and issues of Donor Conceived People?" (pdf of abstract)
6/14: Skype workshop with a GLBTQ parents group in Boston after they watch the Family Equality Council webinar.
5/14: Webinar: "The Donor Sibling Registry: Helping People Discover Their Roots” for the Embryo Adoption Awareness Center
3/14: 2014 Annual Meeting of the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society. Palm Springs, CA
1/14: Boulder Bookstore, Boulder, CO. Book signing for Finding our Families: A First-of-Its-Kind Book for Donor Conceived People and Their Families.
8/13: American Sociological Association Annual Meeting. Paper presentation: Donor Conceived Offspring Conceive of the Donor and Donor Siblings in Lesbian-Parent and Heterosexual-Parent Families. Presented by co-authors R. Hertz and M. Nelson.
7/13: Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour, LA, CA. Our upcoming MTV News & Docs docu-drama series, Generation Cryo, was one of the fall shows premiered at this event.
6/13: 2-day workshop, “Donor Conception: Lessons for Clinicians, Families, Policy Makers and Researchers”, Montreal, Canada. Wendy's handout.
6/13: 1-day workshop, “Revamping the Law & Policy of Reproductive Technologies: Children First?”, University of Minnesota.
9/12 ASPIRE (Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction) Conference, Osaka Japan. Lunchtime talk by Ryan and Wendy: The Donor Sibling Registry (DSR)- A Global Registry for Donor Families
- 7/12: ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology) conference, Istanbul, Turkey: 1700 Sperm Donor Recipients
- 4/12 American Adoption Congress, Denver CO
- 3/12 Pacific Sociological Association Conference in San Diego, California. Sperm Donor Conceived Children Speak out about Donor Conception. Patricia K. Jennings (CSU East Bay) and Wendy Kramer (Donor Sibling Registry). Presented by Pat Jennings
- 3/12 CU Law School, Boulder, CO, sponsored by the Law Students for Reproductive Justice and the Health Law Society.
- 12/11 The 14th World Conference on Human Reproduction, Plenary Speaker. Speaker, Merck Serono Symposia and Donor Linking Symposium, Melbourne Australia
- 10/11 Single Mothers by Choice 30th Aniversary Gala, NYC
- 4/11 and 8/12 Embryo Adoption Awareness Center, Webinars
- 4/11 The 2nd International Congress on Controversies in Cryopreservation of Stem Cells, Reproductive Cells, Tissue & Organs (CRYO)Palacio de Congresos, Valencia, Spain, Two abstracts presented: 1. The case for comprehensive medical testing of gamete donors presented in the session: "Ethics and Social Consequences of Electively Deferring Motherhood through Oocyte Cryopreservation". 2. And poster: "Semen donors who are open to contact with their offspring".
- 1/11 Fertility 2011, Dublin, Ireland. British Fertility Society, et al. Two Abstracts: Anonymity, disclosure, and contact with donors, how experiences of donor-conceived offspring vary by family type. Semen donors who are open to contact with their offspring.
- 11/10 National Council on Family Relations, Minn., MN
- 10/10 ASRM Conference, Denver Colorado. Two Abstracts: Anonymity, disclosure, and contact with donors, how experiences of donor-conceived offspring vary by family type. Semen donors who are open to contact with their offspring.
- 7/10 Genetics and Society Meeting, Tarrytown, NY
- 4/10 Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE) Conference. Two presentations: A Survey of 164 Sperm Donors and The Case for Comprehensive Medical and Genetic Testing of Gamete Donors. Bangkok, Thailand.
- 3/10 University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Motherhood Conference, Denver, CO
- 2/10 L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center, L.A. California
- 1/10 Fertility 2010, British Fertility Society, Bristol, UK: The Case for Comprehensive Medical and Genetic Testing of Gamete Donors
- 6/09 European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) Conference, Amsterdam: US oocyte donors: a retrospective study of medical and psychosocial issues
- 1/09 Fertility 2009, British Fertility Society, Edinburgh, Scotland: US oocyte donors: a retrospective study of medical and psychosocial issues
- 10/08 Infertility Network, Toronto, Canada, Ethics and Gamete Donation
- 3/08 DePaul University College of Law, Symposium: Tracking Change, Chicago, IL
- 3/07 Association of Health Care Journalists, L.A., CA
- 7/06 Association of Managers of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Denver, CO
10/05 Infertility Network Symposium on Donor Conception, Toronto, Canada
DSR/Cambridge Collaboration Presentations
- 10/08 Fertility Society of Australia (FSA) Meeting, Brisbane, AUS
- 6/08 ESHRE Meeting Barcelona, Spain
- 10/07 American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Meeting, Wash. DC