Terms and Conditions of Use (User Policy)
Contact Policy: You must add your posting before reaching out to any DSR members.
Refund Policy: The DSR will not refund memberships, except under extraordinary circumstances.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter the DSR website as a paying member. By agreeing to this User Policy, you are declaring that you are at least 18 years old.
- Getting in Contact: Once a member and have added your posting, you can send an email by clicking on their match's username next to their posting. REMEMBER: After entering your personal information you must "Add a New Posting".
- No sharing of DSR Accounts: Your account is for you only, not to be shared with other families. If you are caught sharing a username (posting for or contacting members for non-DSR families), your membership will be suspended until full payment from both parties is received.
- NOTICE TO MEDIA, RESEARCHERS, AND SPERM BANKS/EGG CLINICS: It has come to our attention that some members of the media, some researchers, and some sperm banks/clinics have been using our site to contact members. You may not use the DSR site to collect personal information from our members. Anyone caught on the DSR site from the media, researchers, or sperm banks/egg clinics will be immediately removed and your membership fee will be considered a donation.
- NOTICE TO MEMBERS: If you feel your privacy has been invaded by unsolicited contact from a member of the media or anyone else, please let us know by sending email to: email@example.com . When connecting with donors, if you have a donor profile, keep some information off of your posting, so that you can have the donor verify that he is actually your donor.
- Sibling Searchers: Individuals (parents and over-18 offspring) listed in the DSR are interested in exchanging information regarding half-brothers and half-sisters conceived through donor insemination or donor eggs, and frequently info about the donor as well. Donors used are posted by cryobank of origin and identification number, where known; otherwise a description of the circumstances and donor characteristics is shown. Offspring over 18 years of age who have listed themselves are coded by a distinct icon.
- Donor Listings: Donors listed in the DSR are interested in exchanging information with recipients and/or their genetic offspring, as mutually deemed age-appropriate. These listings are also noted by an identifiable icon in the DSR. One for Sperm Donors and one for Egg Donors. Often, cryobanks and fertility clinics will not inform a donor of his/her identification number, thus only a physical description can be matched. Donor recipients are thus encouraged to list their donor's description.
- Successful Sibling to Sibling Matches: These are color-coded in pale yellow.
- Successful Donor to Offspring Matches: These are color-coded in bright yellow.
- Non-Discrimination Policy:
The Donor Sibling Registry (DSR) believes that diversity is a fundamental value. We believe that greater diversity will enhance the quality of all families and communities and enrich understandings between people.
DSR provides equal opportunity for all its members, volunteers, employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, age, gender, marital status, height, and weight.
DSR expects all of its members, volunteers, and employees to join together to develop a community where everyone values individual and group differences, and respects the perspectives of others. Please, do not register here and make yourself willing to initiate contact if you are not aligned with our policy.
- Privacy/GDPR Compliance: All requests for confidentiality will be scrupulously and immediately honored. No one can see any personal information about another on the site (unless you send that information to another yourself via our messaging system). We have never, and will never share or sell our membership information with any third party or entity. If you request to be removed from the DSR, all of your contact information will be removed at that time. We use Authorize.net to process membership payments and house no credit card information ourselves. The DSR has an SSL certificate meaning that our website uses HTTPS to send data over an encrypted connection. You have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including the right to request that the DSR deletes your contact information. You have the right to opt out of receiving the DSR's mass mailings (that option is included on each mailing), but you will still receive other DSR communications. Our website and all it's databases are hosted by Amazon Web Services (GDPR compliant).
This registry is intended strictly for informational purposes, and is neither endorsed nor supported by any individual or organization. Please note that while access to the Donor Sibling Registry list and database is restricted to individuals over 18 years of age, it is up to each and every parent to supervise and monitor their child's use of the Internet. Each member is responsible for making sure that the donor number they list is accurate. We recommend DNA testing for those matches who are not 100% certain of their donor number. We do not guarranty any matches, as we have no verification system in place with the sperm bank industry.
The views expressed are those of the authors & not necessarily shared by the Donor Sibling Registry. The DSR does not assume & hereby disclaims any liability for loss or damage caused by using the contents or from any errors or omissions resulting from negligence, accident or other causes. Material referenced by URL is the copyright of the respective owner.
- Emails: Rarely, the DSR will send out a mass email to invite members to participate in research, alert members about a big DSR media event, or in regards to an important update regarding website security. Additionally, future yearly or bi-yearly newsletters may be emailed out. Please expect no more than one or two mass emails from us each year. Please let us know if you wish to opt out from these emails.
DSR Website Terms and Conditions of Use
(The legal stuff....)
Please Read These Terms and Conditions of Use Carefully Before Using this Site
Your access and use of this Donor Sibling Registry Web site (the "Site") is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use and all applicable laws. By using this Site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of Use, without limitation or qualification, do not use this Site!
Use of Content
You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is protected by copyright under United States and foreign laws, unless otherwise noted, and may not be used without the written permission of the Donor Sibling Registry (DSR), except as provided in these Terms and Conditions of Use or in the text on the Site. The DSR neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties who are not owned by or affiliated with DSR.
You may download material displayed on the Site for noncommercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the Contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without the DSR's prior written permission.
Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, the DSR. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions of Use or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademark(s)") displayed on the Site (including "Donor Sibling Registry," "DSR," etc.) are registered and unregistered Trademark(s) of DSR or others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) displayed on the Site without the written permission of the DSR or such third party that may own the Trademark(s) displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademark(s) displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions of Use, is strictly prohibited.
The DSR will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, which may include the seeking of criminal prosecution.
Liability Of The DSR and Others Related to the Site
YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE DSR NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, CONTRIBUTING TO, OR DELIVERING THE SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Without limiting the foregoing, the DSR and its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and Content providers make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, currentness, timeliness, reliability, or adequacy of any Content, resource, information, apparatus, product, process, or communication available at or from the Site.
Also without limiting the foregoing, the DSR and its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and Content providers assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content on the Site.
When using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of the DSR and its affiliates, licensors, and suppliers. Accordingly, the DSR and its affiliates, licensors, and suppliers assume no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
The DSR and its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and Content providers also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
The DSR has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-Site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. You agree that you will not send or transmit to the Site any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party.
Anything you transmit via message or post may be used by the DSR or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, the DSR is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
You should be aware that when you choose to disclose personal information (including, user name, e-mail address, personal details about yourself, etc.) on the PUBLIC areas of the Site (including message boards, etc.) you do so voluntarily, and that such information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties.
Although the DSR does monitor or review discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, the DSR is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, inaccuracy, omission, falsehood, defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, profanity, or threat included in any information contained within such locations on the Site. The DSR reserves all rights to periodically review all postings and messages sent within the messaging system to monitor for site abuse.
You are prohibited from:
- Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, abusive, hateful, pornographic, or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Posting or transmitting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Posting or transmitting advertisements or solicitation of business, including other competing websites.
- Posting or transmitting chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonating another person.
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
- Engaging in any other conduct that, in the DSR's judgment, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which, in the DSR's judgment, exposes the DSR or any of its affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, or Content providers to any liability or detriment of any type.
The DSR will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the DSR to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials, or otherwise violating the above prohibitions.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the DSR and its affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, and Content providers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
If by joining the Donor Sibling Registry you may be violating any existing agreement you may have with a sperm bank or facility to maintain confidentiality, you accept all liability and will hold the Donor Sibling Registry harmless and indemnify the Donor Sibling Registry against any resulting legal action.
The DSR is based in Colorado You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with the DSR, or in any way relating to your use of the DSR Site, resides in the courts of the State of Colorado; and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Colorado in connection with any such dispute including, without limitation, any claim involving the DSR and its affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers and Content providers.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Colorado, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of the terms and conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition of any other term or condition.
Modification to Terms and Conditions of Use
The DSR may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions of Use by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions of Use to which you are bound.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the DonorSiblingRegistry.com site informative and convenient to use. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.